“I’m short on time.”
“I just can’t add a 20 min HIIT session to my schedule!”
“I have a family, children and a job!”
And the list goes on…but these are the “lack of time” excuses for not exercising that I receive most often.
Of course, any excuse can be totally valid…but no excuse can do the job for you.
- No excuse will burn your lunchtime pizza.
- No excuse will give you a healthy, fit body.
- No excuse will make you strong enough to climb the mountain you’re dreaming of.
Adapt this sentence to whatever it is you’re dreaming to accomplish: “No excuse will…”
And hey, I’m definitely not saying it’s easy because a lack of time is real for many of us.
Nevertheless, you often hear me say: “if you want to, you can”. I say it AND I practice it!
In July 2022, I will embark on my wildest mountain project yet. Yes, crazier than even skiing to the South Pole or climbing the highest mountain in Antarctica (which, as you can see, I named “my craziest adventure to date” back then!)
To put all the odds on my side, I get coached by the expert in crazy projects: the one who trained Colin O’Brady for his Antarctic crossing, and who trains Nelly Attar (my Saudi friend) who is going to climb K2 in a few weeks. This is Mike McCastle, who also holds 4 world records for the most weighted pull-ups in 24 hours…5800! (Yes, you read me right!).
The training plan he concocted for me is more than intense!
Every day, no matter my schedule, I have to find 2 hours minimum, and on some days, 5 hours for a hike with significant elevation.
- Not easy when you’re the CEO of two companies, LeBootCamp and LiliWarrior.
- Not easy when you travel a lot.
- Not easy when you have interviews, meetings, filming and other photo shoots on a regular basis.
Not easy? Not at all! But with passion and heart nothing is impossible.
So…I sacrifice an appointment at the hairdresser to go climb a mountain in Oahu, Hawaii where I’m based for the week.
When I know my day is going to be so jam-packed that I’ll never find 2 hours to train…I commit to wake up early and go to the gym at 5am.
I strain a muscle while working out? I adapt and keep on. I actually hurt my hamstring while running one day, but I found a way to keep up my routine.
I never stop. I push myself. I refuse the excuses that rise up.
- Even when my muscles are begging for a break (but I know I’m giving them the push they need to build strength!).
- Even when I’m feeling down. Even when it’s raining and I’ve got an outdoor run planned.
- Even when I’ve slept badly the night before.
- Even when I’m super stressed or sad. (Actually, exercise always helps that one!)
In short, I practice the #NoExcuse attitude and you can do it too!
Want to develop your inner #NoExcuse attitude and eliminate all those “lack of time” excuses?
Want to transform your body in time for summer?
Head over to LeBootCamp.com and join me online!
Between my personalized coaching which has helped more than 2M women find their ideal bodies and health; my nutrition programs like KetoSmart; and my exclusive fitness programs like LeBodyChallenge; you are bound to find something that meets your goals!
Strength to you!
Tags: commitment exercise fitness gym inspiration KETOSMART KETOSMART by Valerie Orsoni lebodychallenge lebootcamp Lili Warrior motivation noexcuse time training Valerie Orsoni valerieorsoni