During school holidays, I see that the question of snacks comes back very regularly in your blogs.
So, what kind of snacks should you adopt to maintain a healthy lifestyle?
Has it been an impossible task to snack with children while taking care of their health?
Not anymore with my 10 smart snack ideas, healthy and balanced!
1. Slices of apples spread with vegetable butter (almonds, hazelnuts, cashew …) and that’s
enough to treat young and old alike! I like to play with flavors by custom-making vegetable
butter with a touch of cinnamon, honey, and grated coconut. And for the most gourmet, opt for
my home-made spread recipes!
2. Granola Clown Cups. Prepare the cups in advance and let the children garnish them
according to their desires: berries, red berries, coconut yogurt, vanilla, fruit compote, chocolate
shavings, grated coconut … Watch my step by step tutorial video on how to successfully make
them every time: Granola Clown Cups. Impossible to mess up, I’m telling you!
3. Chocolate banana lollipops.
Melt some chocolate (dark or milk) in a double-boiler, peel a few bananas, cut them into sections and let the children prick and dip them in the melted chocolate. Then have them place the dipped bananas on a sheet of parchment paper.
Leave a few minutes in the fridge before tasting, serve with a few almonds. Yum !
4. Ice sticks. If you have a juicer or a juice extractor then this recipe is for you. It can be made
during any season and with the fruit of your choice: kiwi, orange, apple, melon, watermelon …
As a +: have the children decorate the sticks before putting them in the freezer with a slice of
kiwi, some pomegranate seeds, or half a quarter of an orange. You will get a pro-looking and beautiful result.
5. Mini porridge bowls. Whether you enjoy them hot or cold, these mini porridge bowls will delight you! You can eat them according to your desires: Buckwheat, oats, cinnamon, honey, coconut, lemon zest, agave nectar, raisins, diced apple … You can decorate those or have your children do it (it’s a super fun activity!). Mine will be Hello Kitty themed, of course !
And 5 additional suggestions from your personal space:
Bon appetite !