If you’ve been eating and drinking LeBootCamp style for a while, you already know that green tea is one of my top antioxidant-rich go-to beverages!
That said, I know that not everyone’s taste-buds favor this drink, so here’s a fun way to get all those nutrients in a dish that celebrates the flavor in a unique and tasty way!
In this detox recipe, we’ve replaced chicken or vegetable broth with green tea. This unusual variation tastes wonderful and is extremely healthy!
Did you know Brussels sprouts are part of the cruciferae family? This nutritious clan includes cabbage, Brussels sprouts, spinach, watercress, cauliflower, kale, bok choy, and other lesser-known vegetables such as romanesco broccoli. Cooked or raw, their nutritional powers are there! Their potent compounds neutralize nitrosamines (toxic agents produced by cigarette smoke). Brussels sprouts also inhibit aflatoxin, a very toxic mold that has been linked to liver cancer.
Brussels Sprouts with Green Tea
- 2 lbs (1kg) Brussels sprouts, rinsed
- 4 small onions sliced
- 4 cups green tea
- 3 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine
- Sea salt, pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch powdered cloves
- 2 scallions
- Cut the Brussels sprouts into 4.
- In a skillet, heat the margarine and sear the onions until golden brown. Add the Brussels sprouts.
- When the Brussels sprouts start caramelizing and there is no juice left in the pan, add 1 cup of green tea and scrape the bottom of the skillet.
- Season with all the spices.
- Gradually add more tea and keep adding until the Brussels sprouts are fully cooked.
PS. If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, and summer picnicking is getting to your waistline, make the most of my tips for “How to Beat Summer Weight Gain Traps“!
Your LeBootCamp Healthy Living & Weight Loss Coach
Tags: antioxidants brussels sprouts detox Detox Phase detox plan detoxifying green tea lebootcamp LeBootCamp Diet